Nothing says classy like topping off an epic day in the woods with a premium camping cocktail perfectly themed to your group’s individual tastes. Now, how you get your mixing kit and ingredients into your campsite is up to you, but we’re here to tell you that it's worth the sacrifice. Better yet, skip the 6 mile hike next weekend and choose a campsite with convenient beverage excellence in mind. Nothing wrong with trip to the woods that’s just all about food and booze now and then (**which should always be done responsibly and in complete compliance of state and local laws** A’ight?) So, next time high-end boozery is on the agenda, try one (or more) of these delightful recipes:
1. The S’moretini
An adult and glamorous twist on a classic. How perfect is that?
- 2 crushed graham crackers
- Chocolate Ganache
- 1 Shot Marshmallow Infused Vodka
- 1 Shot Chocolate Liquor
- 2 Shots whipping cream
- Whole marshmallows
- The ganache and gram crackers are not technically necessary for a S’moretini, but boy do they make this drink look good. Heat the ganache and apply to rim like salt for a margarita. Dip in crushed graham crackers. Slobber uncontrollably.
- Pour Marshmallow Infused Vodka, Chocolate Liquor, and 1 shot of whipping cream in a shaker with ice. Strain into the martini glass. Pour the 2nd shot of cream into the center of the cocktail when you serve it.
- Add ganache covered marshmallows with complete abandon. Consume one or several. Make sure sleeping bag is set up and fully ready for snoozing.
2. The LONECONE Dreamcicle
The Cone knows. Simple, yet sophisticated for those with a sweet tooth.
- 2 shots Gin
- Pour over ice
- Add cream soda to taste
3. The Fisherman’s Friend
Whiskey is the fisherman’s only true friend! Actually there are two: Whiskey and coffee. And an Irish Coffee is the best way to combine both of them for your next eggs-and-bacon breakfast, but let’s not call it an Irish Coffee, let’s call it a Fisherman’s Friend. That’s just camping cocktail logic 101.
People often debate about the kind of whiskey that goes best with coffee, but in truth it’s the coffee that better determines the flavor. Personally I think the less bitter the coffee, the better your Fisherman’s Friend. Try a medium or light roast next time and you’ll taste the difference.
- 5 to 6 oz Fresh Brewed Coffee
- 1 1/2 oz. Irish whiskey
- Sugar to taste
- 1 oz. cream or milk
4. Dirty Girl Scout
Why do they call it dirty? That just seems so judgmental. How about the “Gregarious Girl Scout?” Or the “Tagalong Tonic?” How about the "Assertive and Confident Scout Person Who Knows What She Wants Spritzer?" Nobody is into Girl Scout shaming here at LONECONE. All we’re saying is that this drink is wickedly good.
- 1 oz Vodka
- 1 oz Kahlua coffee liqueur
- 1 oz Irish cream
- 1 oz White Creme de Menthe
- Mix the vodka, Kahlua and Irish cream and pour over ice.
- Pour the creme de menthe down the center of the glass.
5. Oreo Jello Shot
Just look at these! How can these NOT be a hit on the next campout? Everyone remembers licking the cream filling out of a double stuffed Oreo. Only to be yelled at by their mother. Well, Mom’s not here right now.
Honestly, this recipe requires pre-camping prep and it’s a process. It’s best not tried at the campsite, but imagine the thrill of pulling a little tin of these out around the campfire. Heaven. Here is the best recipe we’ve found on the internet from a great blog worth visiting: http://www.abeautifulmess.com/2015/02/double-stuffed-oreo-jello-shots.html
6. Baileys Dipped Toasted Marshmallows
So it’s not actually a drink, but a method for consuming said drink, said drink being Baileys. I’m sorry but you can’t go wrong here. Marshmallows are a staple of any camping trip. Simply take a marshmallow, dip it in Baileys, roast. These are really good.